Lurkers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Online Shopping?! AHHH!


Let's face it everything is basically on the wonderful, world wide web.(That was not sarcastic I really do think it's quite wonderful). So why not start shopping? As hipsters, we're constantly hunting for ways to do simple tasks in a different, effortless way. (No, I didn't just contradict myself. Think about it). We always what the nonconformist, eccentric thing--especially when it comes to our wardrobe. Our style essentially derived from the Internet. It would only make sense that we online shop. After all, if you're like me, you can't just get the clothes your looking for at the mall. 


The thing is that I find comfort going into a store. There's something that brings pure joy to my face as I step into the house with several shopping bags filled with crisp new garments. But when it comes to online shopping, I can't help but freak out. That's basically the first of many worried faces I end up making.
There's just soooo much to look at on the Internet, and with online shopping I start to want everything! To further increase my anxiety---being the multi-tasker that I am---I have at least two different stores open on my page. 
For instance, earlier today this was my screen. I'm eyeing the Motel Lesley dress at Urban Outfitters. Debating whether or not it'd be flattering on me. I know that this piece in particular is "online only", so if I want it I have to get it the "scary" way. I realize that I'm about totally panic, so I open ModCloth in hopes of calming myself down and start checking out their über-cute high-waisted shorts. Clearly, I'm not thinking straight because ModCloth ONLY SELLS CLOTHES ONLINE! 

This dilemma basically happens to me every time I attempt to online shop aka all the time. I guess I just don't know how to online shop. If you have any tips, leave them in the comments! ;] 


No comments:

Post a Comment