Lurkers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ombre--Hottest New Hair Style

Hipster style is often referred to as effortless and understated. We all want it to seem like our appearance is incredibly different, yet not difficult to achieve. However, as women we all know that looking both good and natural is far from easy. The idea is you want it to seem easy.

Let's say you're a natural dark brunette and you'd like blonde. That's fairly reasonable right? Being a typical color-treated girl, you would dye(punny) if your roots started to come in. That's where being a hipster allows you to bend the rules a tad. Create the appearance of roots coming in. That faux roots-coming-in look is known as ombre.

It's where from the tips of your hair to your chin is a lighter color than from your chin to your roots. Get it? I know, I know it sounds somewhat tacky. When I first heard of it, I thought it was yet another moment in fashion history when hipsters take the idea of "homeless chic" way to far. The "homeless chic" trend---it's too tacky to be even considered a trend---really grinds my gears. I tend to refer to it as " the Ashley look" because people like Ashley Olson and Ashlee Simpson tend to sport it often. So believe me I would never blog about it if it was even remotely--um what's an adjective describing homeless fashion being cute? Oh right, there isn't one. Ombre is actually the complete opposite of what I initially thought. It's quite classy.
"Homeless Chic"



To better understand the ombre do, check out this video below that breaks it down.



Photo from YouTube

Still don't get this whole "homeless chic" thing? Check out my next blog post ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment